About Me

My photo
Northeast, Pennsylvania, United States
We have 6 children - I homeschool 4, 2 have graduated. We have our own business - I try to help in the office when I can. I Love The Lord! I garden, I sew as I have time, can or freeze the harvest and really enjoy baking bread....

Monday, February 8, 2010

Good Monday Morning!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and had time to praise and thank God for all he does for us each and every day!
                                                                                
Today I want to continue with tips for gardening as I said I would~8 Muddy Boots - the blog I had refered to the other day, mentioned that she had trouble keeping the little ones out of her seedlings.. well, here is what I did last year and it was a huge hit plus it kept them out of the gardening stuff.

We planted grass!  Each child got there own small coffee cup, terra cotta pot (the small ones) or votive cups.
The votive cups were the coolest, since they were clear we got to see everything happening...
We filled them with potting soil and planted grass seed.  Each child had to water and watch, oh, and chart (for homeschool) the progress or lack of.  They had a project, I had a great Spring decoration for my dining room table, it was fun and they stayed away from our seedlings~

Hope This Helps,
Missy

No comments:

Powered By Blogger