About Me

My photo
Northeast, Pennsylvania, United States
We have 6 children - I homeschool 4, 2 have graduated. We have our own business - I try to help in the office when I can. I Love The Lord! I garden, I sew as I have time, can or freeze the harvest and really enjoy baking bread....

Friday, September 23, 2011

Thougts from our Lily-Flower

(As you read the following thoughts please remember they come from an 11 year old.  She is not intending judgement or correction in any way, but love and the desire to follow what she truly believes God would desire for all girls) 

My Mom found this site and article called A Joyous Home: Why I Only Wear Skirts and asked me if I wanted to read it, here is what I thought about the article over there.


Modesty is a word that some people don't care about anymore!


Girls these days wear short sorts and don't care who is looking at them and how they are looking!
What about God?
What do you think?
Do you think He is pleased with you?
- well maybe this site will help!


DEUTERONOMY 22:5 is the perfect verse to back me up and I have many other verse to back me up and if you have been reading your bible then you should too because God wants to make it clear what his rules are on modesty and James 4:17 - it is such a direct verse in all that we learn and think!
When women started wearing pants that's when they started working and being the man of the family, "who wears the pants in the family" where do you think that saying came from? What are the difference between girl's and guy's? Well that answer is girl's pants are tighter! Now the women and men wear the pants so they say I can do anything a man can do why are you even trying? Some people use the excuse well I can't do this and that and that and this.
Well maybe what you are doing God does not want you to do!
My sisters and I have been wearing skirts for two years and we ride bikes,swim, run, hike and a lot of other things. Girl say they like chalenges well here might be one of the biggest chalenges of your life. Christ said that all true Christians must go through trials and this maybe a trial in your life. It was in mine, I did not want to be different from other people. Some times it is still hard like when you see a friend that does not understand your beliefs. I have lots of friends that don't understand but they don't care they are still my best friends! If you will please go to this link we have you will understand!The rest of our family wears pants we don't shun them even though they wear pants we still love them a lot!!! We do not judge them either - God convicts everyone at their own right timing. This may just be your time.  Lily-Flower

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Just wanted to say that I appreciate you linking to my article. I'm very humbled that you chose to do so, and just love that your dear 11 year old wrote this article! : )

May the Lord bless you and yours abundantly! : )

A Joyful day to you,
Jillian

Powered By Blogger